Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chip's lunch: May 3, 2010

I can't believe it's May already! May here has been rainy so far, but I imagine some really beautiful weather is just around the corner. I knock Ohio for a lot of reasons, but the weather here is pretty awesome, I think. And I can't complain too much about the rain right now either: we got our rain barrel set up, and now it's full, plus we only have one dog in the house at the moment, so only one set of muddy paws.

This lunch includes something I haven't bought in years: vegan lunch "meat." Lunch meat never really did it for me when I was a carnivore. But I went through a phase the summer I was 21 in which my roommate and I frequently made subs with tons of lunch meat (usually ham, chicken, and turkey), provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, and Beano's sub dressing. They were heaven. Yesterday I decided I had to have a sandwich like this, so I bought some lunch "meat." I made some sandwich dressing myself out of a few tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of red wine vinegar, and tons of parsley, basil, oregano, black pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper. It was amazing. The dressing made the sandwich, for sure. Chip is NOT a fan of this type of sandwich, so I had to make the lunch "meat" into something he would eat.

Also, the countdown has started until Chip leaves for almost 3 weeks. He'll be in California at his work's corporate office, as well as traveling throughout the state for the Tour of California. He leaves May 8 and will return on the 26th. I have to fill him with tasty healthy food now, because who knows what he'll end up eating on this trip!



Whole wheat rollup with Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices, locally made organic hummus, local cheddar/jack cheese, and organic spring mix, organic Michigan applesauce, peanut M&Ms, raw almonds, banana, and seedless watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment