Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chip's lunch: June 7, 2010

This is much more colorful than Friday's lunch! I was able to include some of the goodies we picked up at the farmers' market. Usually when we acquire produce, I immediately wash it and then prepare it to be eaten. So for strawberries, I cut off the tops and cut the berries into smaller pieces, with green beans I cut the ends off, with asparagus I cut the ends off, lettuce gets chopped and thrown in the salad spinner (which is kept in the fridge), etc. That way, it's super easy to grab a fruit or veggie in a hurry. It took no time at all to steam up these green beans, and while doing so, I snacked on some amazing local strawberries that were ready to be eaten in the fridge.



Sandwich on local whole wheat bread with Tofurkey deli slices, organic local pepper jack cheese, Campari tomatoes, and organic redleaf lettuce, organic Sultana golden raisins, organic fair trade dark chocolate with almonds, chocolate chip Clif bar (this will probably be a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack), banana, and local organic steamed green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment