Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chip's lunch: July 28, 2010

I know that July in Ohio is not really the ideal time for hot, hearty soup, but I was really in the mood for this stuff yesterday. It's so easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I just went for it. When Chip arrived home, he took off his motorcycle helmet in the (detached) garage and could already smell the soup. He walked in the back door (into the kitchen) and said, "I was hoping I was smelling our house! Yum!" We both enjoyed the soup but agreed that perhaps we should save the rest for some cooler weather. So in the freezer the leftovers went.



Homemade lentil soup (with organic lentils, CSA onions, and organic carrots), organic local whole wheat bread from the farmers' market, organic dark chocolate, raw almonds, banana, and an organic Braeburn apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment