Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chip's lunch: August 31, 2010

I was going to make grilled portobello sandwiches for dinner last night, but at the last minute, I decided to make this asparagus primavera (which I've made before). I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I just winged it, and subbed quinoa for the couscous. Chip hates couscous ("it's too small"), but loves quinoa. I think they're pretty similar, but whatever. Chip wolfed it down, though not without complaining a little bit about the carrots.

In the middle of dinner, I got up to let the dogs out into the backyard. When I turned around to go back inside, I saw Chip standing at the table doing something. I opened the door and totally caught him...he was loading up my plate with all the carrots from his plate that he didn't want! He was so busted! I'm not sure if he ate all the carrots in this lunch; we have a deal that I pack lunch, so he washes the lunchbox. I rarely get to see what's left of lunch, though the majority of the time it's nothing, not even a raisin.



Asparagus primavera with CSA carrots, organic corn, and organic quinoa, banana, Clif Z Bar (s'mores flavor), and organic applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment