Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chip's lunch: April 12, 2010

Yum! A nice fresh vegan lunch for a beautiful spring day. I picked up THREE pounds of organic spring mix at Costco this weekend, and I'll be attempting to use it up for at least two weeks. Fortunately I also got a salad spinner on Saturday. I've been keeping it in the fridge, filled with clean salad, so it makes grabbing a salad really easy. I hope that helps us burn through this spring mix! So far we've each had two salads, and this lunch includes some spring mix as well.

In other news, Kendrick went to his forever home today. We're a little nervous to see how things go (he gets some serious separation anxiety), but we're definitely optimistic. His new family is lovely, and they have another greyhound to keep Ken company. Yay for Kendrick! I miss him already.

Here he is in his new family's car, ready to head home from a long walk at Highbanks Metro Park. He's one of the happiest dogs I've ever met. Love that smiling face!



And of course, lunch:



Sandwich on local whole wheat bread with hummus, organic carrot, organic redleaf lettuce, organic spring mix, and black pepper, organic Braeburn apple with natural peanut butter, organic flame raisins, organic fair trade dark chocolate with almonds, saffron rice, and a whole banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment