Monday, April 5, 2010

Chip's lunch: April 6, 2010

We adore mushrooms in this house. I love to order roasted Portobellos when we go out to restaurants, but for some reason I didn't think I could do them at home. Well...I went for it tonight, and I nailed it. These mushrooms were amazing, and the yellow peppers added a lot of flavor. Tonight for dinner I made Clean Eating Magazine's recipe for Chicken & Portobello Focaccia, but I subbed out the chicken in favor of strips of yellow pepper. It was incredible. I enjoyed every bite of that sandwich and was excited to make more for Chip's lunch tomorrow.

I put my own twist on the second sandwich (the one in this lunch) and I know Chip will love it. I roasted a Portobello cap and a quarter of a yellow pepper (both cut into strips) at 400* for 15 minutes (sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with spices and sea salt and pepper). So easy and so delicious and healthy.



Sandwich on local organic whole wheat bread with roasted organic Portobello and organic yellow pepper, Roma tomato, organic redleaf lettuce, and pesto, banana, Nature Valley granola bar, organic roasted and salted sunflower seeds, organic flame raisins, almonds, and a whole Navel orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment