Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chip's lunch: February 11, 2010

This is probably the lunch with the most fruit and veggies that I've ever packed. I've slowly been working in more and more fruits and vegetables, and Chip hasn't protested yet. Since we're kinda laissez-faire about breakfast and dinner here, the best way to guarantee that we get lots of the middle of the pyramid (apparently grains are the bottom...who knew?) each day is to eat a lot of it at lunch. We eat broccoli like candy anyway, so this shouldn't be too difficult. I count this as five (!!!) fruits and veggies (according to this site):

2 servings: 1 cup of broccoli (1/2 cup of broccoli or 5 florets is a serving)
1 serving: 1 orange
1 serving: 2/3 cup applesauce
1 serving: tomato, onion, and peppers in the chili

And...this lunch just happens to be vegan! I never do that on purpose, but I'm always so glad when it turns out that way.


2 comments:

  1. This looks great!
    Can you post the recipe for the chili? Or have you already and I'm just not seeing it?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Recipe is here: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=554690
    I previously posted about it here: http://vegetarianlunchbox.blogspot.com/2010/01/chips-lunch-september-17-2009.html

    ReplyDelete