Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chip's lunch: February 25, 2010

When I saw this recipe on the Clean Eating Mama's blog, I got really hungry. I knew I had most of the ingredients on hand already, and that the temperature would be dropping over the next few days. There's nothing like a hearty soup to warm you up (but not fill you up too much). We both enjoyed it this evening, and we're both looking forward to having more for lunch tomorrow.

I used spinach instead of kale (I just don't like kale...I've tried really hard), and I did a cup of lentils and a cup of brown rice instead of two cups of brown rice. I also played around with the spices, and really liked the crushed red pepper that we threw in. My soup turned into more of a stew than Tasha's did, but it was delicious nonetheless. We ate it with toasted Ezekiel bread dipped in...yum!



Homemade spinach soup, Ezekiel bread and local Colby cheese, organic flame raisins, organic dark chocolate squares, and a whole Gala apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment