Friday, February 26, 2010

Chip's lunch: February 26, 2010

First, I have to apologize for the terrible picture. I packed lunch, went to get the camera, fell asleep, woke up, took the photo, and stumbled upstairs. I promise this looks and tastes much better than this photo makes it seem!

Two weeks ago I went to Whole Foods with a friend for lunch. I grabbed some Szechuan green beans from the hot bar and I had to restrain myself from shoveling them all in my mouth at once. They were so delicious! I hadn't had them since college, where there was this nasty Chinese buffet up the road from campus, and we'd all go and stuff our faces and hate life for 24 hours. So I looked up a recipe and figured I should try and make them myself. I didn't know until I searched online that the green beans are usually deep fried in canola oil. No wonder they were so painful in college! I steamed mine and then tossed them in the sauce. I think they turned out OK. Chip loved them, but I thought they were just OK. Definitely not as satisfying as the ones from Whole Foods, but definitely cleaner.



Szechuan green beans with organic tofu and organic brown rice, no sugar added applesauce with nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice, and half of a PB&J on Ezekiel bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment