Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chip's lunch: March 18, 2010

Gosh, I'm just stuck in a creativity rut lately. The lentil and rice bit of this lunch was pretty inventive, but the rest just feels blah. I spent far too long agonizing over this lunch and trying to decide the perfect thing to fill each container. Rice was first, then apple, then banana. Chip requested pretzels, and then I debated what to put in the last container for probably 20 minutes. What is with me?

So despite how much thought I put into this, I think it's a bit protein-heavy. Lentils, brown rice, peanut butter, and nuts. Nuts are great for you, and have good fat and protein, but I think they were unnecessary. Oh well. Chip will love it.



Brown rice with lentils, organic peas, carrots, and spices, banana with natural peanut butter, pretzels, organic roasted and salted sunflower seeds, organic raw almonds, organic macadamias, and a whole Gala apple.

2 comments:

  1. I love how colorful and yummy these lunches look! When you prepare your fruit for the day, do they keep well till lunch time? Do the apples or bananas brown at all or does that even bother you at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chip insists that the apples don't get brown. But I have to keep bananas as whole as possible because they get "slimy" when cut into little slices.

    ReplyDelete