Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chip's lunch: March 22, 2010

I think I'm back on my lunch-making game. This one is very colorful, full of fruits and veggies, vegan, clean, and really healthy. And Chip's going to love it. He walked in while I was taking the photo and he approved it.

We're trying new sandwich bread this week. We bought a loaf from the local Stan Evans Bakery here in Columbus. I hope it's as awesome as the price would suggest ($5.29 for one loaf...it's a big loaf, but still). Chip said that the bread from Crumbs Bakery was a bit crumbly and his sandwiches would fall apart.

Oh, and I made a batch of my favorite carrot spice muffins tonight. Chip finally tried them the last time I made them (in order to get over his carrot-phobia) and he loves them! They're a nice sweet treat that happens to be made with whole wheat flour, carrots, oatmeal, and flaxseed.



Natural peanut butter and banana sandwich on local whole wheat bread, Gala apple, organic fair trade dark chocolate, vegan carrot spice muffin (with local organic oats, organic carrot, organic local applesauce, and organic local whole wheat flour), and a salad with organic redleaf lettuce, organic carrot, Campari tomato, white mushroom, organic corn, and organic peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment