Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chip's lunch: March 3, 2010

Things are busy in our house these days! Our latest foster came home on Saturday evening. Due to a mixup, we actually got Where's Raw Hide, whom we are calling Heidi. I'll save the spiel on greyhound racing, but I will say that she came from the track filthy, covered in ticks (we found 5 and counting), 16 pounds underweight, with tufts of hair falling out, and with a UTI. After a bath, a trip to the vet, and plenty of rest and love, she is doing wonderfully. She's a wiggly little thing, and very sweet. Her little tail has a white tip and it goes a mile a minute.





So because I've got my hands full with all these animals (at the moment, we've got 3 cats and 3 dogs), I was a little short on time to throw this together. So it was a very quick lunch, but it's got plenty of fruits and vegetables, is clean, and is vegan. Yay!

Oh, and we decided to try natural peanut butter. I won't say what we've been eating, but this new stuff is SO much better! On a whim, I bought Peanut Butter & Co's Smooth Operator. It is so much better than we expected it to be! It is sweetened (though with evaporated cane juice instead of sugar), but not too much. I think we might be converts.



Salad with redleaf lettuce, organic spinach, white mushroom, organic carrot, and Campari tomato, homemade vegan lentil soup, organic flame raisins, organic roasted and salted sunflower seeds, organic dark chocolate (Green & Black's), and a natural peanut butter and banana sandwich on local organic whole wheat bread.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog a few days ago and I love it. I pack lunch everyday for myself and my 17 year old daughter. We are both vegetarians tho not vegan. Your blog is giving me some great ideas! Thanks and good luck with your new puppy Heidi!

    ReplyDelete