Monday, January 18, 2010

Chip's lunch: January 18, 2010

Chip finally made it home from Spain! I'll spare you the details, save to say that he arrived here in Ohio about 27 hours later than scheduled. Tomorrow is back to work for him!

While he was gone, I spent a lot of time looking up recipes and cooking. The soup shown below is from this recipe. I absolutely love it. It's thick and hearty, and has a great sweetness to it. I added some crushed red pepper for a touch of heat, and some garlic. I like that it's a really flexible recipe; you can add anything you want, really! I also like that it includes beans and soy milk, for plenty of protein. It also includes carrots, but I made sure to slice them really small. It looks kind of gray in the photo, but I promise it's more of a golden color. The sweet potatoes are made from this recipe. We're not huge sweet potato eaters (neither of us grew up eating them), but I'm trying to buy them on occasion so I can stop being scared of them. This recipe turned out really well; the sweetness of the potatoes is a nice contrast with the salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary.



Homemade vegan vegetable chowder, half of a honeycrisp apple, dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roasted sweet potatoes, and a peanut butter and banana sandwich with honey on local organic 10-grain bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment