Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chip's lunch: July 16, 2009

I went with a bit of an Asian theme with this lunch. I made the pad thai for dinner the evening before, and took it from there. The shu mai are from Trader Joe's...I definitely didn't make them myself! And the wrap includes quinoa; I usually cook up a batch and keep it in the fridge so I can add it to Chip's lunches. My favorite way to make quinoa is with vegetable bouillon, cumin, garlic, and just a touch of chili powder.

The pad thai is as easy as our fried rice. We start with A Taste of Thai Pad Thai For Two. We make it according to the package, adding broccoli and tofu, and finally adding soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, evaporated cane juice, and ginger to taste. Sometimes if we have eggs sitting around that need to be eaten, we specifically make this dinner so we can throw in a few eggs.



Homemade pad thai with tofu and broccoli, edamame shu mai, Double Stuf Oreos, whole wheat/flaxseed/oatmeal wrap with red pepper hummus, quinoa, lettuce and spinach (cut into "maki"), and an apple with peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment