Friday, January 8, 2010

Chip's lunch: January 4, 2010

Happy new year! I'm looking forward to a fantastic 2010!

This was a difficult lunch to make. We went home to Maryland over the holidays (we were gone for ten days!!!) and returned late on January 2nd. On the 3rd, we woke up to a frozen hot water pipe that took all day to handle (we got it thawed, and then Chip insulated the crap out of all the pipes near the outdoors so they won't freeze again). We didn't go grocery shopping until the 4th, which means that when I made this lunch on the 3rd, I had to use whatever was still in the fridge from before our trip. Which was pretty much nothing. I had to get creative, and I think I pulled it off.



Honeycrisp apple, Chip's mom's molasses cookies, dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (from our Christmas stockings), reduced fat Triscuits, cubed local pepper jack cheese, and a whole wheat wrap with hummus, carrot, organic spinach, local cheddar jack cheese, and mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment