Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My lunch: July 2, 2009

This was the first lunch I packed myself to take to school and it was exciting! I attempt to make my lunches vegan. I like to eat vegan, but it's hard to do that when I make dinner because Chip isn't vegan. So...my vegan lunches are a little indulgence for me!

The barbecued tempeh is really easy. I sauteed the tempeh (remember...we were living in a temporary rental without a grill or other normal methods of cooking) in a little bit of vegan margarine til it was cooked through and a touch crispy. Then I added a mixture of 1 part barbecue sauce and 1 part water and cooked it til it reduced and thickened. I added a touch of brown sugar (I seem to like brown sugar in everything), and in the end it only took about 10 minutes.



Barbecued tempeh, organic blackberries and organic raspberries, pear slices, barbecue sauce, Craisins, and Thomas whole wheat English muffin with Smart Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment