Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chip's lunch: November 17, 2009

This is photographic evidence of my first attempt at cooking with lentils. I was afraid of them for a long time. I definitely ate them, of course, but in stuff that other people made for me, usually. I came across this recipe for lentil soup, and decided I just had to make it. The weather had gotten SO cold, and I needed something wintry and comforting. This soup did just the trick. I got all organic ingredients from the community market, and the soup turned out thick, flavorful, and satisfying. I added some chili powder and crushed red pepper for some heat. I skipped the sumac because although I could get it at the community market, I didn't know what it would taste like (I've never had it before). I also added some diced tomatoes since they were laying around. This recipe is really versatile; you can add almost anything to it.



Farmers' market Jonagold apple, whole grain Goldfish, reduced fat Chips Ahoy, and homemade vegan lentil soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment