Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chip's lunch: January 20, 2010

Tonight marked my first foray into preparing Indian food. I came across this recipe the other day and decided it wouldn't be too hard to make. In true Katie fashion, I added all kinds of stuff (1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery, a dash of cinnamon) and made it vegan (I made the mashed potatoes with Smart Balance and soymilk) and organic (organic peas, carrots, potatoes, soymilk, and curry powder). Chip even tried (and liked!) the spicy mango chutney. I was floored! I did buy the pie crusts at the store; I think next time I'll make the crust myself. Overall, I was really pleased with the results; the potatoes and crust have carbs, the peas have protein, and the celery, carrots, and peas are veggies.



Homemade vegan samosas, spicy mango chutney, organic honey nut O's, dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and half of a Jonagold apple.

1 comment:

  1. The samosas look great! I've never tried preparing Indian food either, but this looks doable!

    ReplyDelete