Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chip's lunch: July 14, 2009

This lunch from the day after Chip's birthday includes some leftovers from his birthday dinner. Since we'd left California in early June, I hadn't really cooked much. As a special treat, I made a trip to Trader Joe's to get some of his favorite foods, and I dug out some cooking materials from the mountain of boxes in our office. I also made a stop at the Clintonville Community Market on my bike ride home from school to pick up some local and fun items (cheese, vegan cookies, etc). And his fave...I got ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone!

The fried rice is really easy and so good! We get the vegetable fried rice (in a tan bag in the frozen section) from Trader Joe's. We saute up some tofu (in sesame or peanut oil) and steam some broccoli, then add the frozen fried rice mix, plus some soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and whatever else we're in the mood for.



Homemade fried rice with tofu and broccoli (the broccoli's at the bottom; I promise), vegan chocolate chip cookie from Pattycake Vegan Bakery, ice cream cupcake from Cold Stone, and a whole wheat/flaxseed/oatmeal wrap with hummus, quinoa, spinach, lettuce, and local colby jack cheese from Minerva Dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment